SBN - Soccer Betting News - SA's Leading Soccer Betting Newspaper: Konco: No players are leaving Celtic

Konco: No players are leaving Celtic

Bloemfontein Celtic CEO Khumbulani Konco says the club will not be releasing any players before the end of the 2019/20 Premier Soccer League season.

Celtic saw Lehlohonolo Seema leave the club on Monday before being announced as Chippa United's new head coach.

And speaking to KickOff, Konco has moved to allay fears the club's out-of-contract players are next out of the exit door.

A number of player contracts came to an end at the beginning of July, but Celtic will hand short-term deals to keep them at the club until the completion of the current campaign.

The PSL has been suspended for three months, as a result of the coronavirus, but talks are underway to resume competitive action as soon as possible.

Konco said: "We met with players last week and we still have another meeting this week, no one is leaving.

"We started training on Friday, we are looking forward to getting back to the field.

John Maduka was named Celtic's new head coach after Seema's resignation.