SBN - Soccer Betting News - SA's Leading Soccer Betting Newspaper: Hunt: Pelembe will return to Wits

Hunt: Pelembe will return to Wits

Gavin Hunt says he expects Elias Pelembe to return to Bidvest Wits to complete the Premier Soccer League season.

The former SuperSport United and Mamelodi Sundowns winger has spent the lockdown in his home in Mozambique.

He is set to return to South Africa to complete the remaining games of the 2019/20 campaign, with Sundowns hoping to overtake current PSL league leaders Kaizer Chiefs at the top of the standings.

While his contract with the Clever Boys reportedly expired on June 30, Pelembe is set to be handed a new short-term deal.

As of yet, however, the 36-year-old has not returned to training with his fellow teammates.

Speaking to KickOff, Hunt explained the situation. He said: "He'll come back, he is coming back. He's finishing the season. And yes, we started [training] last week."